1 The Service
- PCCW Global will provide the LINX Remote Peering Service (“ Service ”) in accordance with the specifications set out in the Console Connect IX Remote Peering Application Form accepted by PCCW Global and the terms set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- The scope of the Service includes the provision of (i) LINX Products and Services and (ii) Connectivity.
2 Customer Obligations
- The Customer warrants that the Customer shall be a LINX member in order to use the Service. The Customer further warrants that the Customer shall abide by the terms and conditions laid out in the MoU in addition to the requirements set out in the LINX Memorandum and Articles of Association, and to continue to do so for as long as the Customer is a LINX member.
- The Customer warrants that the Customer meets, and will continue to meet, the following requirements: (i) the Customer is a recognised legal entity or incorporated association, (ii) the Customer has an ASN (Autonomous System Number) assigned by one of the Regional Internet Registries (or their predecessors) or an alternative agreed by the LINX members, (iii) the Customer presents to LINX an Autonomous System that is visible from the LINX transit router; the Customer uses BGP-4 for peerings.
- The Customer shall achieve operational peering within three months of becoming a LINX member which is achieved by (i) connecting to at least one of the LINX Peering LANs, (ii) peering with the LINX collector router, and (iii) peering with at least one existing LINX member or the LINX route servers. The Customer shall aos maintain operational peering for more than twenty-one days continuously subsequent to the three months.
- The Customer shall appoint one or more people to be the Customer’s Corporate Representatives. The Customer shall advise LINX of the identity of the Customer’s Corporate Representative(s) upon request. The Customer agrees to be bound by any decision confirmed by the Customer’s Corporate Representatives. Such decisions may include the appointment of further Corporate Representatives and the removal of Corporate Representatives.
- The Customer shall maintain at least one member of operations personnel who understands the MoU. They should be able to speak and understand spoken and written English, or have immediate access to in house or outsourced personnel w ho a r e able to speak and understand spoken and written English to translate and communicate for them.
- The Customer will make sure that all contact information that is held by LINX to do with the Customer’s membership is correct and kept up to date . The contact information will include:(i) details of how to contact the Customer’s operations staff twenty four hours a day every day o f the year for the use of LINX staff and other members,(ii) an email address for which requests for peering should be sent,(iii) an email address for each of the Customer’s Corporate Representatives, which should be personal to each representative, not to a group or role, and (if the Customer is an individual) the Customer’s email address f o r the purposes o f receiving notices and communications under the MoU, and
(iv) the postal address specified in the Membership Agreement or Associate Membership Agreement (as applicable) to which written notices under the MoU may be sent.
- The Customer will confirm receipt of a peering request made to the email address specified in 2(f)(ii) above by any LI N X Member within two working day s o f the request. An auto responder is considered acceptable.
- The Customer will not refer the Customer’s customers, or any agent of the Customer’s customers, directly to LINX support staff unless specifically sanctioned by a member of LINX staff by email.
- The Customer will make sure that at least one member of the Customer’s staff is subscribed to the following mailing lists:
mailing list, which is intended to carry announcements of an urgent operational nature;
mailing list, which is intended to notify relevant and authorised personnel of any changes to the MoU in accordance with the relevant clause therein;
mailing list, which is intended to carry announcements relating to the administration and corporate matters of LINX.
3 Suspension and Termination
- PCCW Global may, in its sole direction, immediately suspend the Service to the Customer or terminate the relevant Order Form or the Agreement without any liability whatsoever in any of the following events:
f. “ LINX Memorandum and Articles of Association” means the memorandum and articles of association for` LINX which is documented at
i. “ MoU” means the terms set out in the LINX Memorandum of Understanding, encompassing the LINX Memorandum and Articles of Association, which is availiable on
, as mended by LINX from time to time.
LINX Products and Services